Thursday, 5 March 2015

Empties - May 2014

Hi Everyone!
Totally embarrassing that this is a post for MAY 2014 but I have to start somewhere in the pile of empties and it goes way back to May of last year...good thing for notes!


A look at what I worked my way through...


OPI Avojuice Skin Quenchers in Coconut Melon Juicie (200ml)
I believe that this body lotion was a gift from my Ma. Not sure where she picked it up but I absolutely loved this lotion. First of all I love anything coconut so the scent was bang on, but also really liked the formula of this product. This went on smooth and absorbed into skin quickly without leaving a nasty residue or stickiness. This is something I will pick up again for sure.

Ivory Clean & Simple Aloe Scented Body Wash (709ml)
I enjoyed this mildly scented body wash - it lathered well on a loofah and left skin feeling super soft and with a nice aloe scent. This is a staple I will pick up again.

Softsoap Pampered Hands Foaming Hand Soap in Jamine Oasis (236ml)
This was a floral scented foaming hand soap that left hands soft and smelling lovely. Again, this is something I will pick up in the future.


John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchably Full Conditioner (250ml)
I had the shampoo counterpart to this product and absolutely loved it, and the conditioner was no different. I loved the consistency of this, the scent, and how if left my hair feeling. This didn't weigh hair down at all and did a great job of detangling hair as soon as applied and worked through. This is another product I will pick up again.

Marc Anthony Pro Finish Ultimate Hold Hair Spray (44ml)
I believe this mini hair spray came in a beauty bonus bag of some sort (thinking The Shopping Channel?) and was super handy for the gym/overnight bag. This had a light scent to it which didn't cause a headache (which is always a bonus!) and did a great job holding hair in place. Really liked this and is something I would try out again.

L'Oreal Mythic Oil (Yellow Vial) & Kerastase Elixir Ultime Coloured Hair Oil (Pink Vial 3ml)
Both of these hair oil vials came in past beauty boxes. Again, these were a handy portable size for the gym/overnight bag. Both of these had a great scent and left hair feeling nourished, shiny and beautiful. I have quite the mass of hair oils to work through, but when I do need to pick another up I would do either of these again.

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Moisturize Shampoo & Conditioner (9ml each)
I have had this duo in a full size format before and loved them. I can't recall where these sample sizes came from but yet again were a great travel size. After using this duo hair feels squeaky clean and loved. Will pick these up again at some point I'm sure.

Pharmacopia Verbena Conditioner (36ml)
This conditioner was a hotel sample that I acquired somewhere along the way. While this had a nice scent to it, I found it to have zero moisturizing properties about it. It was hard to work this through hair and left me frustrated. This is not a product I will look into purchasing in the future. 

Gilchrist & Soames Hair Protector (30ml)
This was another hotel sample from our travels. I did like this conditioner more than the one above but still nothing exciting or moving about it - but, lets face it, hotel samples are usually disappointing. Won't be looking into this one either.


Pharmacopia Verbena Shampoo (36ml)
Much like its conditioner counterpart above, this shampoo had a lovely scent but was difficult to work through hair and to lather. Not interested in trying this one again either.

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream (2 x 30ml)
These two mini scrubs came in past Gift with Purchase sets from Clinique. I love this scrub and also have it in the full size. These are great travel sizes to have on hand though. The consistency of this scrub is great - it's aggressive enough to give your skin a good exfoliating but gentle enough on skin to not cause any irritation or dry areas. I will continue to purchase this scrub.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (30ml)
This is another product that came in a past Clinique Gift with Purchase. This face lotion is recommended for very dry to dry combination skin. This is 100% fragrance free and is a good lotion you can rely on to not irritate your skin or cause any breakouts. This is also a product I have in the full size version. I will also continue to pick up this lotion.


Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer (5ml)
This is the second or third tube of this that I have received through beauty boxes. I keep coming back to the scent. It is very off-putting to me and something I can't seem to get past. I find the product itself is ok but did leave me feeling oilier than usual towards the end of the day. I won't be repurchasing this and think I will keep with my holy grail - Benefit POREfessional.

Degree Natureffects Anti-Perspirant (48g)
This anti-perspirant did its job all while making me smell nice. This has sea salt minerals - not sure what role they played but anyhow, would pick this one up again.

Make Up For Ever Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser (25ml)
I believe this was a Sephora sample from a trip there at some point. This was fragrance free and something I would apply to a cotton pad to remove eye makeup. I did enjoy this but have used a handful of other products similar to this that I didn't have to fight as much with to remove stubborn mascaras and eyeliners. I don't think I will be trying this again any time soon.

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (15ml)
Yet another Clinique Gift with Purchase sample! I love this face gel/cream - it's like an overnight mask for your face and leaves skin very moisturized and soft the next morning. This is also fragrance free and allergy tested for those with sensitive skin. This is something I have been meaning to pick up in the full size and will have to get on that sooner than later!

L'Occitane en Provence Honey Hand Cream with 20% Shea Butter (30ml)
This was one of those products that I was using little by little towards the end because I was sad to see it go. This was a limited edition scent and I adored everything about this hand cream. I would go to town with this stuff at bed time to wake up to soft and loved hands. I would snap this up again in a heartbeat if I saw it in my travels. 


Snoopy Baby Wipes (70 wipes)
These were a dollar store find that I found myself on the fence with. These were fragrance free/alcohol free/hypoallergenic  but they weren't very moist and it stressed me out the more I thought about using dollar store baby wipes on my face to remove makeup. I would pick these up again but only for keeping in the car for hand wipes.

Joe Fresh 100 Cotton Pads
This package of cotton pads are from Superstore and were around the $2 mark. I thought they did the job for what they are and are something I will pick up again at some point.

Benefit The POREfessional (0.15ml)
I love this primer. Plain and simple. I can't live without it and will continue to have it in my makeup arsenal.

There you have it - a little late! Have you used up a lot of product lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment