Friday, 6 March 2015

Empties - July 2014

Hi Everyone!
Happy Friday/Weekend! Coming at you today with another empties post...


A look at what I made my way through...


Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Soothing Gel-Cream in Peach Oil (250ml)
I am a huge fan of gel-cream consistencies so fell in love with this Garnier body lotion right away. I enjoyed how this melted into skin without leaving any residue, and the subtle peach scent was lovely. This is something I will definitely purchase again. 

Bath & Body Works Enchanted Evergreen Hand Soap (458ml)
I mainly picked this up way back when because the hubby loves "Christmas tree scents". This left hands squeaky clean and hydrated, and smelling like Christmas tree! I believe this was part of a holiday collection, but if I were to see it again I would pick it up for sure.

Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Gentle Foaming Hand Soap in Berry Sangria (259ml)
Yet another Bath &  Body Works hand soap! I have yet to try one I didn't like! Loved this one and would purchase again if I can find it (also was part of a collection).


Dove Gentle Exfoliating Nourishing Body Wash (354ml)
The name on this says it all - this really was a nourishing body wash that mildly exfoliated skin, leaving it smooth and hydrated feeling. It had a fresh scent to it and lathered really well with a loofah. Will try this product again without a doubt.

Bioderma Atoderm Gentle Shower Gel (100ml)
This is a great travel sized body wash meant for dry sensitive skin. This is paraben free, soap free and hypoallergenic. This left skin cleansed and smooth and also with a mild fresh scent. Found it neat that this product can be used on face and body. Would pick this product up again in the future.

Softsoap Body Butter Shea Butter Body Moisturizing Wash (443ml)
This is one of my favourite brands of body wash. They are always at a great price point, have nice scents, and perform well for what you would expect out of a body wash. Like the other products in this range, I really enjoyed this and will purchase it again in the future.


The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub & Coconut Cream Body Scrub (50ml each)
For those of you who haven't ever smelled the shea butter and coconut collections from The Body Shop...go do it. All of the products smell amazing. I enjoyed these scrubs - they sloughed away dead skin to leave smooth and wonderful results. If you can grab this on a sale they work out to be a pretty good deal. I will be picking these up again for sure.

Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub (330g)
This was one of the first Lush products I tried and one of the reasons for me ever going into Lush. This is a salt scrub with a very unique scent that left skin refreshed and rejuvenated. You can use this on your hand for a more aggressive exfoliator or on a sponge for a more gentle one. This is vegan and Lush is a cruelty free brand. I will pick this up again and again and again!


John Frieda Luxurious Volume Touchable Full Shampoo (250ml)
This is the shampoo counterpart to the conditioner I used up, and, same as the conditioner - I loved the scent, the formula, and how it left my hair feeling. It didn't weigh hair down at all and left hair soft. Will definitely pick up the duo again.

Marc Anthony Hydrating Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Conditioner (250ml)
I think this was probably one of my favourite ever hair products that I have tried. The extreme coconut scent is what drew me in in the first place. This is sulfate free, tames frizz, detangles like no other, and leaves hair smelling absolutely incredible. I will without a doubt buy this again.

Herbal Essences Honey, I'm Strong Rinse Off Treatment (225ml)
I would use this rinse off hair mask a couple times a week to give hair some TLC. You just apply this in the shower after shampooing and rinse off to discover silky smooth hair. The only problem I had with this is if you used too much, it would leave hair greasy looking quite easily. A quarter size was just enough for my medium length hair. I will buy this product again for sure.

Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo & Conditioner (30ml each)
These were hotel samples I picked up somewhere along the way. I'm still not totally sure how I feel about these. I love what Aveda stands for, but the herbal scents are usually just too much for me. I did like the formula of these and what they did for my hair but wasn't a big fan of the scent. I don't see myself seeking these out to purchase.


Equate 100% Pure Cotton Quilted Pads (125 pads)
I picked these up at Walmart for around $2 and they did the trick for makeup/nail polish removal. I have purchased these again and again already.

Mereadesson All-in-One Moisturizer (12ml)
This must be the third or fourth pouch of this I have received and for some reason I keep trying them even though the scent is an absolute deal breaker for me. It stinks - plain and simple...but that's just my opinion. While I can appreciate the convenience of a product like this (all-in-one day and night moisturizer, eye cream, toner, cosmetic primer) I just can't get behind it.

Garnier Moisture Rescue Cleansing Cloths (25 Cloths)
These wipes are for face and eye makeup removal, and are suggested for dry and sensitive skin. These removed waterproof mascara and stubborn eye makeup and had a pleasant rose scent. The only complaint I had about these were they were quite dry - just added a bit of water to nix that issue. Probably would try these out again at some point down the road. 

Systane Lid Eyelid Cleansing Wipes x 2
I can't recall where these wipes popped up from but they were fun to try out. I kept them in the overnight bag because of the handy individual packaging. These did a good job of removing makeup and I believe are meant for overall "eyelid hygiene". While these did a good job, I can't see me picking these up again because they seem like a bit of a luxury.

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (1.5ml)
This was a Sephora sample that I would keep in the overnight bag and is a product I have had many encounters with. This is super hydrating for skin and leaves skin full of moisture. I love the gel-cream consistency of this. I will be picking this up in the full size very soon.


The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash (60ml)
This is the mini version of my go-to face wash since middle school. This was also kept in the overnight bag and came in handy on many occasions. I love this face wash - it rids skin of impurities and reduces excess oil without drying out skin. I will continue to buy this product.

Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Gel (5ml)
This was a sampler I was happy I stumbled upon. Again, loved the gel-cream consistency of this product as well as its scent. This is great for normal to combination skin and can be used day and night on the face and neck. I will be on the hunt for this at my local Clarins counter.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution (100ml)
I love the size of this bottle - so handy for being on the go. This is an amazing product that I think everyone and their cat has heard about or used at some point. I put some of this on a cotton pad, hold it over my eye and it removes even the most stubborn eye makeup. This is great for sensitive skin and is fragrance free and requires no rinsing. I have this in a mega size already and will continue to repurchase this product.

Lancome Genefique Youth Activator (7ml)
I have a small collection accumulating of this product from Lancome Gift with Purchase events and random beauty boxes. I enjoy using this serum at night after cleansing and toning and before moisturizing my skin. This seems to leave my skin more even and radiant. I will pick this up in the full size when I am done with all of the samples!

Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector (7ml)
This is another product that I have multiples of - good thing so I can really give it a good try before sinking the money into it! This is said to correct wrinkes, pores and unevenness. I have to agree that it does all of those things. I'm just not sure if I prefer this over the Genefique yet - more testing must be done! I would probably pick this up though based on the results I have received so far. 

Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action (15g)
This is a lifting and firming cream that is suitable for all skin types. I wasn't a big fan of the scent on this - it was a bit too strong for my liking and stung my eyes if I got it too close to that general area. I don't see me picking this up anytime soon as I have had better results with other facial creams. 


Johnson's Baby Powder (42g)
Not too much to say about this one - this is my go-to powder for all over. I love everything about this product and will continue to repurchase. 

Nivea Extra Nourishing Body Milk (2 x foil samples)
I find people either love the classic Nivea scent or hate it - I love it! Something comforting about it. I enjoyed using these samples which came with magazines. The cream was a bit harder to work into skin, it doesn't absorb naturally as quickly as other lotions I use and have used in the past but that's not a big deal by any means. This leaves skin feeling wonderful. I will probably try this out in the full size pretty soon.

Moroccanoil Treatment (25ml)
This was my first bottle of Moroccanoil and it left me wondering how I lived life before without it! I would apply a dime-sized amount of this to towel dried hair and scrunch in to leave hair smelling amazing and looking super shiny. This is for all hair types. Since using this one up I have picked up the full sized version with a handy pump. 

Chanel Chance Eau Tendre Foil Sample
This was also a magazine freebie. I enjoyed this fresh and feminine scent for a couple of days. I have several favourite perfumes on the go right now so I don't see me picking this up anytime soon.

Clinique Blended Face Powder in 20 Invisible Blend (35g)
I really enjoyed this lightweight loose powder from Clinique and how it looked on my skin. I would wear it over top of foundation and sometimes on its own. This gave a very natural finish and kept oil at bay for quite a while. This is allergy tested, 100% fragrance free and is great for all skin types. I did pick up a different loose powder as I had this around for a while and wanted to try something a little different, but will do doubt try this again down the road.

L'Occitane en Provence Dry Skin Hand Cream with 20% Shea (10ml)
I kept this little hand cream in my purse and it quickly became a go-to staple. I have since purchased this in the extra large size and keep it in my nightstand. This is a quick absorbing, non-greasy hand cream and leaves skin hydrated and supple. I will continue to repurchase this product. 

Done! Have you finished off any products lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment